Lesson Twenty One
Lesson Twenty Two
Lesson Twenty Three
Lesson Twenty Four
The Holy Spirit
MEMORY VERSE: Zechariah 4:6 “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts.”
1. Zechariah 4:6 What does “not by might nor by power” mean to you?
What does “by my Spirit” mean to you?
Also read Psalms 118:8; 33:16-20; 44:4-7; 60:11-12
Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit to accomplish changes in your life, to accomplish God’s work, for protection, or do you rely upon your own strength? Why or why not?
2. What is true of every believer?
1 Corinthians 2:12_______________________________________________________
1 Corinthians 3:16_______________________________________________________
3. 2 Timothy 1:7 What are some results of the Holy Spirit’s presence in the life of the believer?
4. What activities or characteristics of the Holy Spirit are mentioned in the following verses?
1 Corinthians 2:10 ______________________________________________________
1 Corinthians 2:12-13___________________________________________________
1 Corinthians 12:4-11____________________________________________________
5. What indications are there in the following verses that the Holy Spirit is God?
Hebrews 9:14 _______________________________________________________
6. In the following verses what activities of the Holy Spirit indicate that He is a person, not just an influence?
7. Ephesians 4:29-31 What grieves the Holy Spirit?
Is there anything in your life right now that grieves the Holy Spirit?
If so, what steps do you need to take in order to be in right relationship with the Lord and others? Read Ephesians 4:32 and 1 John 1:9
8. Romans 8 describes a victorious Christian life. How does the Holy Spirit help you to live in victory?
9. Acts 1:5,8 Jesus used the expression “you will” 3 times. He made these statements in conjunction with the Holy Spirit. What three statements did He make?
10. Acts 2:1-4; 4:31-33; 6:5.8 What happened when the disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit?
11. Luke 11:11-13 This story illustrates God the Father’s desire to give His children good gifts. What does God want to give you?
Does this indicate that there is more for you to experience concerning the Holy Spirit?
The question is, does the Holy Spirit have all of you? Have you yielded yourself to His control?
He is a gentlemen and will not override your will. To be filled with the Holy Spirit is to be Spirit possessed, Spirit led, Spirit empowered, and Spirit controlled.
Is it your desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit? If so, stop and pray right now asking God to fill you with the Holy Spirit. In prayer of commitment give up all control over your life and yield yourself to His control giving Him your talents, gifts, time, money, possessions, and tongue. Your life will begin to change to the glory of God!