Lesson Twenty One
Lesson Twenty Two
Lesson Twenty Three
Lesson Twenty Four
Lesson Twenty One
MEMORY VERSE:John 15:16 “You did not choose Me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask of the Father in My name, He may give it to you.”Isaiah 42:16 Ministries
1. John 15:8 What will bring Glory to God?
2. John 15:1-2 Who is the vine, the vinedresser (farmer), and the branches?
What will the farmer do to make a branch more fruitful?
(The word “prune” literally means” “cleanse”).
3. John 15:3 How is a Christian cleansed?
4. John 15:4-5 What is necessary for a Christian to bear fruit?
Using a dictionary, define the word “abide” as used in these verses:
Abide: remain, reside, endure, await
Abide?remain, reside, await, endure, keep a promise, or obey (rules).
Remain-be left when part is gone, stay, continue Reside-live, be present
Endure-stand, tolerate, last Await-wait for
5. Matthew 7:15-20 How will people know true Christians from false Christians?
6. Matthew 7:21-23; John 15:6 What will happen to those who do not abide in Christ and produce bad fruit?
Note: Just as it takes time for a seed to grow, develop roots, bear green fruit and then ripen, mature fruit; so it takes time for a baby Christians to produce mature fruit. There will be a cleansing process taking place in his life...weeds will be pulled and diseased branches cut away. Be careful not to place a baby Christians in the same category as a false prophet or a wolf in sheep’s clothing! One is young and immature in his faith, while the other is cunning, skillful, and polished in his deception.
7. Galatians 5:22-23 List the fruit that God wants to produce in your life and give a brief definition of each fruit. (Challenge:
using a concordance, find an additional Scripture that will add more insight to each fruit.)
Fruit Definition Additional Scripture(s)
“Against such things there is no law” (Galatians 5:23) means that a Holy Spirit controlled man needs no law to cause him to live like Christ!
All the fruit can be summed up in one word LOVE. This is the God kind of love...it goes beyond human love. This good fruit will grow naturally as we abide in Christ. Trees don’t strain or struggle to grow fruit, and neither should Christians!
8. 1 John 4:8 Who is love?
9. Romans 5:5 Who else has been given this same kind of love?
Note: If God’s love has already been poured into a Christian’s heart, do we need to pray asking God to give us love?
Shouldn’t we just accept His Word that we already have it and start thanking Him for His precious love in our hearts and look for opportunities to release it?
10. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 gives further insight into the characteristics of Godly love. From this passage list what love is and what it isn’t:
11. Galatians 5:19-21 In contrast to the fruit of the Spirit, what are the deeds of the flesh (or bad fruit)?
12. 1 John 4:18 Can love and fear exist together?
Why or why not?
13. Who should Christians love?
1 Peter 4:8__________________________________________________________________
14. John 13:34-35 Why did Jesus place such emphasis on demonstrating love?
15 1 John 3:16-18 Give some practical ways in which we show God’s love to others?
Love is not an inner feeling but, rather, an act of the will. Love can be known only by the action it produces...a Christian is known by the fruit it produces.
Points to remember
*If love is the motivation for all that you do...God will be glorified
*Fruitfulness is not measured by the quantity of good works you do or the number of Christian activities in your life. A Christ like character is far more important than the number of good works you do!
*True joy is JESUS ~OTHERS~YOURSELF
*Godly love is unselfish, unconditional, eternal, and it never fails.
Take time to pray and allow God to inspect your fruit. Ask Him to reveal the true motivation in your heart for the things that you do. Allow Him to cleanse and prune your inner attitudes and remove any bad fruit. Commit to spend time in His presence and in His Word, thus becoming a fruit bearing Christians.Are you bearing sweet fruit?
The real test comes when you get squeezed... and then you’ll see what comes out of you! Hopefully, it’ll be sweet juice.
9 CR 3118
Aztec, NM 87410