Lesson Twenty One
Lesson Twenty Two
Lesson Twenty Three
Lesson Twenty Four
MEMORY VERSE:1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ďor do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not you own?Isaiah 42:16 Ministries
For you have been bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body.Ē
1. Purity: Clean; Faultless
2. According to the following Scriptures, what are Godís standards for our behavior?
2 Corinthians 7:1__________________________________________________________________
1 Peter 3:3-4______________________________________________________________________
3. Ephesians 4:18-19 How does God describe those who practice impurity?
4. 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 From the following verses list reasons why we should flee immorality.
Verse 13 __________________________________________________________
Verse 20 __________________________________________________________
5. What do the following Scriptures warn us concerning sexual immorality and sexual perversion?
Leviticus 18:22-25 _________________________________________________________
Deuteronomy 5:18 _________________________________________________________
1 Corinthians 5:1-2; 9-13.____________________________________________________
Hebrews 13:4 __________________________________________________________
6. If a person has a lifestyle of sexual immorality, is it possible through Christ to change and walk in purity before God?
1 Corinthians 6:9-11__________________________________________________________
2 Corinthians 5:17__________________________________________________________
7. What gives us the power to change?
Isaiah 55:7 __________________________________________________________
1 John 1:9__________________________________________________________
8. Galatians 3:13 What cleanses us from the curses connected with sexual perversion?
9. Hebrews 9:14 Sexual sin not only affects a person physically; it also affects their emotional well being. Is God able to cleanse even our conscience from guilt and shame?
10. 2 Samuel 11:1-27 King David committed adultery with Bathsheba.
Was David where he was supposed to be in the Spring of the year?
How was David tempted? (Verse 2)______________________________________________
Did David plan out this sin, thinking it through?
What resulted from his sin of adultery? (Verse 5, 15)__________________________
What was Godís view of Davidís sin? (Verse 27)
11. 2 Samuel 12:1-9 Briefly tell how God exposes Davidís ďsecret sinĒ
How did David respond to God? (Verse 13)
What was Godís response back to David? (Verse 13)
What resulted from Davidís sin? (Verses 10, 14)
Note: Even though David repented before God and was forgiven, there was fallout from his act of adultery...others were hurt. His sin was not a private affair, it hurt God, mate, children, and unbelievers!
12. Genesis 39:7-12 Letís take a look at another man of God, Joseph, and how he handled the same temptation.
What kept Joseph from sinning with his mastersí wife? (Verse 9)
How often was this temptation presented to him? (Verse 10)___________________________
What did he have to do in order to resist? (Verse 12)________________________________
13. 2 Timothy 2:22 What counsel did the Apostle Paul give to young Timothy?
14. 2 Timothy 2:21 What will result from becoming a clean vessel?
15. Genesis 2:18; 24-25; 1 Corinthians 7:2-3 Under what condition is a sexual relationship pleasing to God?
16. Proverbs 5:18-19; Song of Solomon 7:9-10 Does God want this relationship to be mutually pleasurable?
17. Do you think God is unreasonable and old fashioned with His view of sexuality?
Do you see His commands as restrictive or protective?
18. What reasons might there be for not marrying?
1 Corinthians 7:7-8; 32_____________________________________________________
19. What are some steps we can take to live a pure life pleasing to our Lord?
Take time to pray and ask God to forgive and cleanse any impurity in your life. Ask Him to remove the guilt and shame and replace it with His acceptance and righteousness.
9 CR 3118
Aztec, NM 87410