Lesson Twenty One
Lesson Twenty Two
Lesson Twenty Three
Lesson Twenty Four
The Lordship of Christ
MEMORY VERSE:Philippians 2:9 “Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”Isaiah 42:16 Ministries
1.Titles give important information about a person. What are some of Christ’s titles?
John 13:13 _______________________________________________________________
Acts 2:36 ________________________________________________________________
What do these titles reveal about Jesus?
Write your own definition of the title “Lord” (use a dictionary to help) ___________________
Master, Nobleman, God, Jesus Christ, (Webster’s Dictionary).
2. What is Jesus Lord over?
Colossians 1:16-17 __________________________________________________________
Romans 14:9 ______________________________________________________________
3. According to Philippians 2:9-11
How has God exalted Jesus Christ?
How will every person exalt Him?
4. Revelation 5:11-12 How do the angels acknowledge Christ’s Lordship?
5. Colossians 1:18 What place should Christ hold in your life?
6. Jeremiah 29:11 How does this statement dispel any fears you may have about turning your life over to the control of Christ?
7. Have you given Christ control over all areas of your life?
Grade yourself on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being total surrender.
Marriage and family____ Money_____Career____ Education_____
Leisure time___ Relationships____Ministry work___ Possessions____
A good way to determine if Christ is in control is to ask, “Am I willing to do whatever Christ desires in this area?
” Do you know what Christ desires in each of these areas?
If not, bring it up for discussion so that understanding can be gained. Continuing Bible study will bring understanding.
If there are areas that are not submitted, what can you do to make the necessary changes?
8. If you assume control over any area of your life you will soon become fretful, anxious, worried, weary...what should you do if you find yourself in this condition.
1 Peter 5:6-7____________________________________________________________
Matthew 11:28-30 _________________________________________________________
It does take an active decision on your part to recognize Christ’s Lordship. Just as a bride makes a decision to say “I do,” marry her groom and place him as the number one love in her heart so it is with our relationship with Christ. Through an act of our will, we choose to respond to Christ’s call to come to Him and enthrone Him in our heart calling Him Lord.
9. What are the results of giving Jesus Lordship of your life?
10. Luke 6:46 What is a good way to evaluate whether or not you have truly made Jesus your Lord?
Take time to pray and submit each area of your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. You may need to submit your life to His control each and every morning reminding yourself who’s the boss!
9 CR 3118
Aztec, NM 87410