|INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP CONTRIBUTIONS
Financial support of any amount is eagerly encouraged.
The Program depends on contributions and donations of money, time, skills and services.
One time gifts:
“Angel” $10,000 or more
“Partner” $ 5,000 or more
“Friend” $ 1,000 or more
“Supporter” $ 500 or more
On going gifts:
Monthly support for 1 resident $300/mo
Monthly support for supplies $100/mo
Monthly pledges of any amount $_____
* Come alongside this ministry with the “Stand by Me” plan.
* Sponsor a resident by providing monthly support for one year
* Establish a relationship with the resident by inviting her to worship and attend church functions.
* Recruit mature Christian women to become mentors or volunteers with A Peaceful Habitation.
* Join the Prayer Team network by offering a consistent prayer focus in your church for the needs of the residents, staff and volunteers.
HOME & AFTERCARE MINISTRY, INC.
A Christian transitional housing Program for women.
“My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.” – Isaiah 32:18 (NKJV)
A Peaceful Habitation is a Christian aftercare ministry. It is a non-profit organization created to help ‘” bridge the gap” for incarcerated and recently released women who want to live transformed lives.
The Program combines structured support and mentoring with educational content to help break patterns of self-defeating behavior.
WHY AFTERCARE IS NEEDED:
Without God-centered aftercare, the odds are against ex-offenders;
the chances are women released from prison will fail to make it in society.
The church can have an active role in helping ex- offenders grow and mature as Christians.
Real love includes discipline and discipline implies discipleship.
The goal of A Peaceful Habitation is to carefully select, then effectively support, women who want to live a God-centered lifestyle and succeed at remaining crime free.
To extend Christ’s unconditional love and hope to women released from correctional facilities and help them transition successfully from an institutional setting to an independent God-centered lifestyle.
* To provide transitional housing in a safe, secure home-like environment.
* To provide a structured, supportive program including mentoring, compliance counseling and referrals for fulfillment of probation and parole mandates.
* To provide faith-based programs for development of life skills needed for successful re-entry into society.
A Peaceful Habitation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt charity funded by donations.
“We know what real love is because Christ gave up his life for us. And so we also ought to give up our lives for our Christian friends. But if one of you has enough money to live well, and sees a brother or sister in need and refuses to help – how can God’s love be in that person? Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other; let us really show it by our actions.” - 1 John 3:16-18 (NLT).
|WHAT A PEACEFUL HABITATION IS:
* A drug, alcohol and smoke free environment
* A place where God is honored
* A highly structured program based on Christian principles
* A safe and secure temporary residence
* Restricted to adult women only (children may visit but not live on site)
WHAT A PEACEFUL HABITATION IS NOT:
* A permanent residence: (The Program allows for a 6-12 months stay only .)
* An assisted living facility: Women must be able to live independently without medical or psychiatric services on site.
* A “free ride” : Resident women must pay rent and comply with all requirements.
* A drug or substance abuse treatment facility.
* A government sponsored program.
* (A Peaceful Habitation is an independent, non-profit agency. We welcome donations and contributions of in-kind services.)
* More than 600,000 inmates return to the community each year;
* 80% of inmates who were involved in Chapel programs on the inside don’t join a local church upon release;
* 97% of marriages fail within three years of release;
* 75% of men and women will be re-arrested within four years (nationally).
Leticia Chavez-Paulette, Executive Director
(505) 440-5937 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Join the Prayer Team
Hold the Program and participants in prayer daily
Become a Prayer Partner for one resident
Become a Mentor
Work one-on-one with a resident as she completes the Program
Become a Volunteer Team Member
Support household operations; organize, sort supplies and donations
Become a Board Member
Help set administrative and financial policies
Participate on a Working Committee
Executive, Finance, Program Support, Public Relations